business types of ads to put on your site

Frank

Staff member
Frank submitted a new Article:

types of ads to put on your site

As you know, when you run a website, you’re able to monetize it by placing ads on your website. This is likely one of the main reasons you have a blog, right? Otherwise you’d get off the computer and do something outside. Why do you think I’m running this website? Because it makes money when my supporters get help, visit a sponsor, or purchase a product from one of my referral codes.

Let’s be honest for a minute. If you’re not earning...
Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

terryse

My blogs have Adsense ads and Amazon affiliates banner on them. I am thinking of adding CPA offers on them as well, since my adsense earnings are not as good as it was two or three years ago. I wonder if Google will allow CPA offers posted alongside with adsense ads?

Sparkster

I tried Google Adsense and whilst I still have a functional account with them which I still use, I have never made any significant amount of money with them. That is, Adsense is negligible. I have found other much more successful and more appropriate ways of generating income from online content. Yes, that includes affiliate links which I use the eBay Partner Network for. I did try Amazon Associates but had more luck with eBay. I also have my own products to sell online too. Revenue share, pay-per-click, etc have never seemed to be very effective in my experience.

PNerd

Ads on your sites only work if you have traffic, and the more the better. Trying to sell ad spots on a site that gets 500 hits a day won't be an easy sell.

Frank

Staff member
isn't that the truth...You COULD sell an ad on a site with 500 hits per day, but you can only charge an amount respectable to that level of traffic.

fcuco

It amazes me how people still pay for valid email address, what are you going to do exactly with that? I really don't know how email marketing is not dead in the water already, people, specially young people, are moving away from email, more often than ever the email your send is going to end in some spam folder never to be opened and it is incredibly easy for people to filter out and actually never even seeing your email, so you can't even have some valid metrics about engagement since you don't even know if people saw your email to begin with.

PNerd

Well, young people don't pay for jack shit anyway. They were raised on free. It's the older folks, who have the money anyway, that we are targeting. But you are right about emails not being opened. My last mailing only 4.3% were actually opened - and that was from a list with 60K subscribers. And believe me, I was extremely creative with the subject line, spam words, etc. So it's a challenge to get ppl to even see the emails yes - but those that do the conversion ratio is extremely high (higher than with tours) so that's why we still do mailings. Moving forward who knows how successful it will be but as long as it remains profitable it gets done. :)

heidi67

I use Adsense, Amazon and Share A Sale. I agree with the commenter that said you don't make a lot without huge traffic. I look at it this way, money is money. It isn't the only way I'm making it and it doesn't interfere with the integrity of my blog. I do think it's important to pick ads that are relevant to your site.

stillsmallworld

We have had to play around a little with the position of our ads as well. Seems to help increase our pennies...unfortunately, not making a killing on Adsense yet. We have seen more success with Amazon affiliates.

jamesbonner

"Pay per time period" that's my prefered type of ads, because once you agree with someone it doesn't matter and you don't have to worry about how many visitor you'll get the next days, because you already got the money for all this period !