business Html5 Web Designs, Popular Or Not?

MyDigitalpoint

DP Mystique
HTML5 is the last revision of the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), common and basic coding for having a website displayed on the web.

However it is curious that after the fourth revision (HTML4) this later being more powerful and theoretically simpler, has taken too long in development phase, as long as many years, but yet not as popular as its predecessor.

Question is, why of this? I have tried it as is really nice and complexity only comes in on-demand basis; the more you want from it, the more coding and tagging our will have to use.

What do you opine on this? Have you seen too many HTML5 sites as of today?

Share your thoughts!

OhioTom76

Actually if anything, I would say many sites are beginning to adopt some aspects of HTML5 in lieu of Flash - particularly since iPhones don't support Flash, and that's a pretty sizeable share of the market. In particular, advertisers are moving away from Flash rather rapidly, in favor of HTML5 versions of their ads. Google has already released a free web design tool which is primarily geared towards creating animated ad units using only HTML, Javascript and CSS. In addition, Adobe has rolled out what is basically becoming it's successor to Flash, Adobe Edge Animate - which similarly creates animations and interactive presentations purely in HTML, Javascript, and CSS.

Also, I believe Google recently ditched Flash on Youtube, and is now 100% HTML5. You can expect many other video sites to follow suit pretty quickly. The other issue is I believe people have grown tired of all the endless Flash updates interrupting them in addition to all the security issues it's constantly having to address.

When it comes to properly tagging content though with the new HTML5 tags, I do see people lagging behind with doing this - but I think this will somewhat be solved once popular CMSes like Wordpress start automating this process better and the general public becomes more aware of HTML5.

fcuco

Writing, and let alone, adopting standards is an incredibly slow process because a lot of persons with different interest and agendas are involved, regardless of the actual final quality of the standard produced. There is a lot of discussion and back and forth agreements, add to that some points of competition that html5 had like the whole affair about video and audio codecs.

Any standardization process is always going to be slow, and this is quite amazing considering the speed in which technology actually moves these days.