business Do you use SSL?

BeZazz

Personally, specially now that SSL certs are going to be provided free from some well known names, I think SSL's will become very important for site ranking (With Google at least)

Morph

We currently only use ssl for billing and support systems. If we were running any site with sensitive data then we would use ssl as well

W

WebAlternative

We use SSL everywhere we can. Our websites and all our servers access (mail, control panel, webapps, etc...) are also secured. We use SSL for security purpose only...

6LAYER

SSL is essential and a must, especially in areas that involves user login or online transactions

MyDigitalpoint

DP Mystique
SSL is essential and a must, especially in areas that involves user login or online transactions
SSL is really a must-install if you have a website dealing with payments, personal information or any other activity requiring an extra layer of security.

It can be used for any other reason too, and not necessarily, or at least I wouldn't used it for an average website which simple offers contents.

Sparkster

I have no reason to use SSL. I don't have a login/registration system and there is not really any need to have SSL. Any transactions for purchases I sell via my site(s) are done through a reliable and trustworthy third party who do use SSL anyway. My sites themselves don't actually contain any sensitive information or user data.

serveyoursite

Directly SSL is a secure subject layer that gives your website a layer of security.

Indirectly many of your customers can appreciate that you have this layer of security and making them share their information with you this way your rankings can improve.

W

webhostau

That is a good idea to use ssl. More pages get listed on google somehow. Also keeps things looking professional esp where customers are signing up etc.